January
Started off the year with one of my favorite people, Karen, at the happiest place on earth. In the fog watching World of Color.
February
This month marked the beginning of Lent. I usually give up something as a sort of second new years resolution. This year I successfully acheived a facebook fast, but the other goals weren't as successful. I blogged about my goals and my success, or lack thereof.The Penrose Stair Climbers team competed in the annual Fight for Air Climb for the American Lung Association. Climbing 23 floors to raise funds and awareness for lung health.
This is such a fun event, and a great cause to be connected to! It is coming up in 2013 in SLC on February 23. Sign up!
March
I went to Costa Rica.It was a wonderful life-changing experience of service and learning. Check out my photo post and my wordy reflection.
One day, I asked Lance what I should wear to go out, and he said, "Whatever. Just wear something like what I'm wearing." So, I did.
April
Celebrated the end of the mid-twenties and had some delicious homemade sushi for my birthday.Hosted my friend Tracey on her visit from England. We did all the SLC touristy stuff, as it was her first time in Utah.
So fun to have her here.
My good friend Karen came to Utah for a visit. For whatever reason, this is the only picture I have from that whole weekend...
May
Ended this month camping over Memorial Day weekend. Southern Utah should be warm, right? Wrong. Spent the weekend freezing in Escalante. But it was super fun and a trip we will all remember.June
Convinced everyone to get trashi-fied to go to the Demolition Derby. Turned out it was sold out, but the costumes were pretty awesome nonetheless.Rushley got married. It was so fun to have family in town for the long weekend.
July
Canada. Not much time there, but it was beautiful and a wonderfully fun trip. Plus another stamp in my passport.We also spent a few days in Seattle for the bi-annual Holmes family reunion.It was good to see everyone and catch up with my giant family. Everyone has changed so much, and there are so many new kids! I love it!
August
I moved into a wonderful house! I love it so much! It is so much closer to work. Plus I have my own bathroom and a beautiful front porch that looks out at downtown. I'm loving the new ward, and everything about this place.Spur of the moment Marci and Aubree and I took a quick trip up to the reservoir for a day of sun and swimming. Ironically, it rained most of the time we were there, but it was a beautiful day and a memory-making experience.
September
After a crazy few months at work, I decided I need a break and took a long weekend to Boise, to try out my dad's new old boat. It used to be my grandpa's. It was a beautiful couple days on the reservoir. We even got Mom out on a tube.October
Took a cruise to Mexico with Karen. I guess I never blogged about it, so here are some pictures from the epic week aboard the Carnival Splendor.
Snorkeling in Cabo
I got a lot of sun. This hat helped a bit.
The dive-in movie. Night time showings at the Lido pool.
Extreme Canopy adventure.
Viva la Mexico!
On the deck.
Daily hot chocolate on the deck. Maybe more than daily.
Towel animals.
Formal night.
The piano bar.
I also got to spend some time with some friends in LA before the cruise. Fun times with my friends Andrew and Randy. Thanks for the donuts!
Took another trip to Seattle for Miss Molly's blessing. Also got to spend some quality time with the family, including a super awesome cruise in the Puget Sound and Lake Union.
At the end of October, the sibs headed to Boise for Chantry's last time marching in the District III tournament. They did awesome!
We also took the time to go through the newly renovated Boise temple during its open house. They changed a lot. It is so beautiful!
November
We had pre-Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Turns out we can set up our house to have dinner seating for 16. Not sure we will have that many again, but in case we have another large gathering, we know it is possible.Since I missed election night four years ago, I was not about to miss another one. Watched it with my friend JaNae and her husband. With red and blue sodas and many treats. Wished it would have gone a little longer, as I love the drama, but that's ok.
Went home for Thanksgiving. Finished the gratitude gobbler.
And played a rousing game of Karaoke Revolution with the sibs.
Of course ate some tasty Thanksgiving food, complete with turkey (although we ate that at the same time as pie).
December
Lots of Christmas concerts and shows. All of these were free. I love SLC.
First Presidency Christmas Devotional

A Christmas Carol: The Musical
MoTab Christmas Concert. I love Tom Brokaw.
Christmas Carol Service at The Madeleine Cathedral
Christmas at home in Boise. Fun notes from Santa, and doing absolutely nothing except this puzzle.
It was a pretty packed, busy, exciting, crazy, fun year. Here's to another! Bring on 2013!!







































Regifting Santa... absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing your blast of a year.
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to read about your year! Looks like a great one. You travelled a ton! Sometime when I'm in SLC I want to see your new place.
ReplyDelete