Sunday, September 30, 2012

Canada...eh?*

Just because I needed another international trip for 2012 (there will be three, mind you), I convinced my family to add Canada in as part of our Seattle adventure. I had never been there, and wanted to go.

I was heading up to Washington for our family reunion on a Saturday, and decided to take a few extra days and have an adventure. We were in Canada for about 28 hours, and it was wonderful. We all flew into Seattle  (Chan and Lance had to work, and Shayne and Steph and Suze did not accompany us, so "all" means Dad, Mom, me and Rushley). Then we high-tailed it to Victoria. Grabbed some donut holes from Tim Hortons and a bounty bar (ahh English chocolate!!) and hopped on a bus from the airport into town.



We checked into our hotel and took a quick nap. We'd all started travelling pretty early. Then we walked down to the waterfront.

We stopped at a church on the way. (Old style, but not old. It reminded me of England).



St. George was there to represent.


Saw some cool statues





Made it to the parliament building and learned a ton about Canadian government. 







Did exactly what the signs told us to do.




Tried some of Mom's food.


Enjoyed the foliage.
So much of it was exactly what I'd seen in England. The rain sure makes a difference.









Visited China Town and watched my parents and Rushley do some karaoke.



Made some calls





Enjoyed some authentic English-African-Portuguese food.



Saw the world's largest totem pole



Went to the beach.





Saw the USA across the sound, and headed back there.



Whirlwind trip, but oh so fun.

They didn't stamp my passport on the way in, but I really wanted a stamp. So, on the way out of the country, I stopped in at customs to get the necessary Canada stamp in my passport. Important documentation

* For the record, I never heard anyone say "eh," but "so-rry" and "aboot" caught me off guard quite a few times.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I've never been to Canada. You've convinced me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad is from Vancouver B.C. I loved going there and can't wait to go back someday!! Looks like you had a fun trip! Victoria is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad is from Vancouver B.C. I loved going there and can't wait to go back someday!! Looks like you had a fun trip! Victoria is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! That was a lot to do in just 28 hours! I've always wanted to cross the sound and visit Canada. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete