Sometimes you get to a point in your life where everything is perfect. Job, good. House, good. Car, good. People, good. For a little while, it's like a machine perfectly purring away as you go through each day. It is a beautiful thing. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged lately. Life has been so great in so many ways that I've been simply enjoying it instead of documenting it. And I love that. So, suffice it to say, that my summer was extremely wonderful. Fun trips, hikes, family, friends, and more. It was truly a perfect summer.
In this blissful state, joy is easy to find. Until it isn't. Throw in a layoff, a breakup, a car that doesn't pass safety inspections, and the machine begins to sputter. That's my life now as we move into fall. The change of seasons seems to be bringing a lot of change my way.
In this struggling state, joy has to become an active choice, rather than an easy pastime. As I listened to General Conference this past weekend, that is what stood out to me, particularly with Elder Nelson's talk which centered on finding joy in difficult times.
I think this aspect of choosing joy hinges on hope. Hope and trust in God's plan and His timing. So, here's hoping for goodness coming my way through all these changes.
Note: I already have a great offer for a new job I'm super excited for, and I truly believe that there are wonderful things that lie ahead. For me, and all of you too!

Oh Lacey, so sorry to hear about your current troubles. Seems to be when it rains, it pours. That talk was the take away message I got from conference too. I'm so glad I actually heard that one. I'm glad you have a new job offer! At least that is one foot in the right direction. Also, Kyle and I really want to meet up with you! Our weekends have been so busy. Hopefully soon things will slow down a little and we can make plans!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete