
On a whim last March, I invited my sister-in-law Steph to go to Hawaii with me this summer. I was having vacation fever and she had never been, and the timing worked out, so we planned to go. Shayne also came, we flew stand-by and somehow made it to Honolulu on June 27, 2014. Just in time for Steph's birthday the next day. We went to the beach, visited Pearl Harbor, exercised, hiked Diamond Head, watched random fireworks, jumped off the rock in Waimea Bay, ate shrimp and lots of fresh fruit, biked along the beach, geocached, ate delicious food, boogie boarded, flew a kite, slept, swam, and all around had a great time. I went to BYU-Hawaii for a little while, so it was fun to be back. I'm glad I could share the island I love with people I love.
And now... a photo dump:
 |
| Flights over the ocean always freak me out a little bit. |
 |
| First hotel view of the canal and the mountains. |
 |
Fireworks to welcome us.
|
 |
| Rainbow over the canal. |
 |
Birthday excitement!
|
 |
| On the bus. We traveled by bus a lot. |
 |
| Diamond Head. Hot hike, but awesome views (and the bunker) made it worth it. |
 |
| Beautiful ocean, perfect for swimming. |
 |
| Kite flying. |
 |
| Random exercise equipment. |
 |
Chickens. Everywhere.
|
 |
| USS Arizona Memorial |
 |
| LDS Honolulu Tabernacle. Cool place for church on Sunday. |
 |
| Pineapple Plantation train. |
 |
| The pearl in the oyster I picked. |
 |
| Visiting my old school. So much has changed. |
 |
| The green mountains of Hawaii on the way to the North Shore. |
Fun! I haven't ever been to Hawaii. Kyle really wants to go next year. We'll see. The idea of flying over the water makes me nervous too! But Hawaii does look so fun!
ReplyDelete