Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Utah

Once upon a time I moved to Utah to go to school. I hated the winters, but loved my life in the bubble of BYU. After successful completion of a bachelor's degree, I moved away, ready for a change. I swore I would never move back. 

Fast forward three years. I moved to Utah to go to school. Again. After living here for three years, wishing I could move, longing for something different, and finally successfully completing a master's degree, I find that I don't want to move. At least not right now.

So, folks, I guess it has happened. It is official. I have become a lover of Utah, particularly a lover of SLC.

I love the diversity of food options.
I love the beautiful sunsets from my porch.
I love the autumn leaves in the canyons.
I love the cooperative community members.
I love that the center of my life is in the city center.
I love the public transit system.
I love nature at my doorstep.
I love the surprising diversity.
I love the plethora of culture.
I love my house.
I love the silent movie theater.
I love the farmer's market.
I love my family here-ish.
I love my friends.
I love my life.
I love SLC.

3 comments:

  1. This is me exactly too. After Kyle graduated I was ready to move on and out of Utah. We left, came back, and now I'm happy to stay where I am. I love SLC too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey, you're making me so nostalgic. The canyons! The leaves! UTA! (You! Renae!) I miss it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're not allowed to leave Utah until we do, because we like having you close, too :)

    ReplyDelete