Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Waiting Place

Have you read Oh, the Places You'll Go? I am sure you have, and you may have felt like I do, that life is like this. Almost every place in the book I have been. I have been in a slump. I have had great things happen. I've had bang-ups and hang-ups. I have been left in a lurch. I have done magical things. I have succeeded at things. The great things are great and the hard things are hard, but none is harder than the "most useless place: The Waiting Place... for people just waiting."

This is where I have been for the last few months. Waiting. Simply waiting for a few things to get sorted out in my life. Things I could truly do nothing about. It really is the most useless place. There is no progression. There is no control. There is no opportunity.



But as the book says: "Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing." And so I have. Maybe I don't hear any boom bands yet, but things are moving forward. Progression and opportunity have returned. I am once again riding high "with banner flip-flapping."

No comments:

Post a Comment