Friday, May 11, 2012

Life's a Happy Song

I don't blog as often as some, and have recently been encouraged to do it more often. I can't promise that, but I felt like blogging today. Mainly because my life is pretty grand right now.

At many different times in my life, I have had life songs. Lyrics that seem to describe perfectly the way I feel and the way my life is going. Lately, I haven't had anything that screams "Lacey's life." So I started listening to songs more closely, and I realized how depressing they are. So many are talking about how life is hard. How it's great being alone, but not really. Just depressing.

So, I looked for a song that spoke to my life and I came up with this one.


Cheesy, I know. I got the Muppets for my birthday and may have already watched it three times. But I just love it.
Everything is great. Everything is grand
I got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand.
Everything is perfect. It's falling into place
I cant seem to wipe this smile off my face.
Life's a happy song when theres someone by my side to sing along.

So, thank you to all who make my life so grand.

Yesterday was a particularly good day, as I had lunch with one of my old BYU roommates, Katie. Then I met up with my old roommate, Emily. Ran into my favorite senior couple from my mission. Then attended the wedding dinner for another old roommate, Abigayle, and got to spend a lovely evening with these girls that I love! Thanks for being such good friends, ladies.
I've got everything that I need right in front of me
Nothing's stopping me.
Life's a happy song when theres somone by your side to sing along

I am just continuously amazed at the number and quality of the people in my life. With Mother's Day, of course my mom is one of those, but really all of my family. Despite the small dramas we have, I am struck by the love and support between all of my siblings. Thanks for being awesome!

I also love how relationships change and morph, but in many cases never go away. Despite the fact that Courtney and I have known each other for almost a decade, and we rarely see each other, when we do, we pick up right where we left off. I love friends like that.

And for those of you who I don't hear from much anymore, or you don't hear from me, know that you have played an important role in my life too. Thanks for the impact you have had and continue to have in making me me.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy that you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life IS a happy song! Thanks for the positive thought.

    ReplyDelete