Wednesday, March 23, 2011

If only I'd known...

After living in Utah again for the past 9 months, I have realized some key things I did not take into account before I moved here:
  1. The Inversion. Not only does it bring snow, but the winter also brings unbreathable air.
  2. The University is on a hill. From anywhere I park or take public transport, I always walk uphill. Both ways.
  3. Residency requirements. Unlike every other state, you do not get automatic residency after a year of living here.
  4. Potholes. Despite the continuous construction on Utah roads, the potholes are horrendous.
  5. The division of cities, counties, and municipalities in the Salt Lake Valley. So many regulations from each one, it is nearly impossible to know if and when you are breaking the law.
  6. Utah drivers. So oblivious to everything around them. Sad that I have Utah plates now too.
And yet... I had also forgotten about the beautiful mountains and how they look in the spring:
Snow against the beautiful blue sky. They don't totally make up for the aforementioned issues, but it is a start.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot the best reason for being in Utah...




    EMILY MCBRIDE LIVES THERE!!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete