Ever since I was a kid, I have loved springtime. It was always my favorite season, and Easter was always my favorite holiday. I'd like to say that was because, as a child, I was acutely aware of the religious meaning behind the holiday, but I'm sad to say that's not likely the case. Now, I love Easter for the beautiful celebration of our Saviour's resurrection. And along with that comes the beauties of the season that make it all the more wonderful.
For those of you who know me, you know that I am not the biggest chocolate fan. I would much rather have gummy peach rings than a snickers bar. But along with Easter comes the best chocolate of all.
One year, although I had pledged to give up sugar for two months (which I did!), I stocked up on these little minis so I had enough to last me until the end of the year. I love them that much.
But I also love the world this time of year. I saw some crocuses the other day. It always reminds me of a song I'd sing as a child: The crocuses and tulips are as bright as they could be, for spring, spring, spring is here! The flowers are telling me!
I love the new life of spring.
I love the first day without a coat.
I love the strong wind and the bright blue sky.
I love wearing skirts, and bravely breaking out the flip flops.
I love the robins returning to the morning music.
I love the smiles on faces in the sunshine.
I love the smell and sound of rain.
I love the buds on the trees.
I love the happiness.
I love spring.
i realized yesterday that, with easter so late this year, candy companies will probably make a huge profit since easter candy will be out for so long.
ReplyDeleteI love so many of those things, too! Especially no coat, the flip-flops, the birds (oh, how I LOVE hearing the birds...because it means it's warm...and I love birds;)), and the flowers.
ReplyDeleteI, too, love Cadbury chocolate eggs. Why didn't we hoard them our freshman year together? Quite possibly my second favorite easter treat (behind Peeps, of course).