A report on one of my items from my 30-before-30 bucket list.
June 7: Found 5 caches in Bear Lake. Went with some first timers, Kate, Jenny and Sarah. Such great hides. My favorite was one that left a little note in the cache to come to the house on the corner for a popsicle. We stopped by, but only the granddaughter was home. We told her we didn't really need a popsicle, but to tell her grandfather (who owns the cache) that we thought it was awesome. Also the view was beautiful! We never would have gone up there otherwise, which is always what is great about geochaching.
![]() |
| Cool monument blending my two homes |
![]() |
| Kate's First Cache |
June 11: I love when people just get on board. My friend suggested we do a little caching after a late dinner. Mostly because we were thinking about one we had trouble finding the night before. So we took some new people and headed out to find 2 (including the one we had trouble with the night before. Height often helps).
June 19: Just tried for a couple after dinner with Aubs and Em. Luck finding 1 with some lovely little animal toys. No such luck on another. Too tiny. I'll have to go back. Brings the total to 8 so far.June 20: Was on Temple Square for a wedding, and grabbed 1 nice micro cache on the way back to the car.
June 25: Before I went on vacation to Hawaii and Washington, I wanted to grab a travel bug to help along its way. So, I called Jessie about 9:30 at night, to see if she was up for it. We found the first one, but the bug wasn't there as it said it would be. So we had to find another cache. Success on the second one and this bug will be headed with me to Honolulu and Seattle. Found 2. Up to 11 finds.
June 28-30: Hawaii!!! I got that travel bug to take to Hawaii, and did a bunch of caching while on Oahu. I found 7 caches during those few days. I was glad to have Shayne and Steph with me for some of them, as they are great finders, and know the drill. I did find some of my favorite caches there. One in a coconut. And one in a water meter container, underneath a fake water control knob at the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Pretty clever. That was also my last cache in Hawaii, and it had a travel bug wanting to go to Canada, so I figured I could get him a little closer.
July 3-4: Orcas Island. I downloaded some caches on the island before getting there, and I'm glad I did, as my cell reception was really spotty. We found 2 on this gorgeous isle. Stopped with the family to find one on the drive to the camp, then also cached on the 4th with cousins and Aunt Terrell who was really excited for it. Left the bug there on the island for someone to find and take back to Canada. At least he could see Canada from this spot. Lovely views along the way.
July 7: We hiked Ensign Peak for FHE. There were 3 caches along the trail up. Some cool finds. One was inside a fake plant. That was a fun spot. Introduced some of the wardies to the geocaching hobby. Brings my total to 23.July 19: Found a little one on the way back from our Vernal Adventure. Nothing special, but a nice little spot.
July 26: Only found one on my Dakota adventure because of timing, and the fact that you can't hide geocaches in national parks (where we spent most of our time). Nice find in the middle of the beautiful rolling hills of North Dakota.
August 2: Found 2. Out getting sno-cones with Jenn I finally found the closest one to my house. Easy find by the grocery store. Then after dinner with friends, we had a night hike to find one in the rocky area behind a strip mall. Neat hiding place and a cool little cache.
August 16-17: Found 2 on the Lake Tahoe road trip. The first was right next to the awesome Nevada State Museum that used to be a national mint. Pretty cool. The second was in the ghost town, Unionville. Random place, but it was a pretty cool cache with a gorgeous view. Only one left.
September 7: After a lovely Sunday picnic in Liberty Park we started talking about geocaching. Someone else brought it up, I promise. We decided to head over and find the only one in the park. It's such a big park, it surprises me there aren't more. But this one was in a lovely spot bu the bridge. And had a clever way of discouraging muggles:
Nice hide. Great adventure with some new cachers who helped me hit number 30!
Thanks to all of my geocaching partners throughout this adventure: Kate Hubrich, Sarah Christensen, Jenny Day, Emily Cawley, Emil Vasylyev, Aubree Perrenoud, Jessie McKinney, Shayne Holmes, Stephanie Holmes, Trent Holmes, Barbara Holmes, Russ Holmes, Ashley Holmes, Kyle Jackson, Terrell Holmes & Family, LeGrand FHEers, Eliza McKinney, Ariel and Rebekah Wood, Aaron Condor, Jenn Cummings, Blake Eaton and Chase Anderson.
August 2: Found 2. Out getting sno-cones with Jenn I finally found the closest one to my house. Easy find by the grocery store. Then after dinner with friends, we had a night hike to find one in the rocky area behind a strip mall. Neat hiding place and a cool little cache.
August 16-17: Found 2 on the Lake Tahoe road trip. The first was right next to the awesome Nevada State Museum that used to be a national mint. Pretty cool. The second was in the ghost town, Unionville. Random place, but it was a pretty cool cache with a gorgeous view. Only one left.
September 7: After a lovely Sunday picnic in Liberty Park we started talking about geocaching. Someone else brought it up, I promise. We decided to head over and find the only one in the park. It's such a big park, it surprises me there aren't more. But this one was in a lovely spot bu the bridge. And had a clever way of discouraging muggles:
Thanks to all of my geocaching partners throughout this adventure: Kate Hubrich, Sarah Christensen, Jenny Day, Emily Cawley, Emil Vasylyev, Aubree Perrenoud, Jessie McKinney, Shayne Holmes, Stephanie Holmes, Trent Holmes, Barbara Holmes, Russ Holmes, Ashley Holmes, Kyle Jackson, Terrell Holmes & Family, LeGrand FHEers, Eliza McKinney, Ariel and Rebekah Wood, Aaron Condor, Jenn Cummings, Blake Eaton and Chase Anderson.
View my geocaching history on my online profile.







No comments:
Post a Comment