Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend of bliss

I don't usually blog about things I do, more things I feel and think. However, sometimes you have a weekend that is so awesome, you have to blog about it. This past weekend was exactly that. Many plans went perfectly. I laughed a lot. Caught up with friends. Saw amazing things. Tried new things. A few highlights:

I saw the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Leonardo. Awesome. It makes me excited for studying the Old Testament this year.

Successful Service Day for work. In honor of MLK Day. Volunteers had good experiences, partners appreciated the support. Swoop made an appearance. Go Utes!

Lunch in Midway, Utah. Got out of the inversion. Visited the Ice Castles. Shopped at the outlets.

Watched Olympic half pipe skiing. Seriously amazed at what those guys can do on skis!

Great Sunday. One of my old roommates was in town, so I got to catch up with her.

Watched the Sherlock premiere. Need I say more?


First adventure ice fishing. Caught some fish. Ate them that night as fish tacos. Amazing.

Finished up the weekend watching The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story. Sad and beautifully impressive at the same time.


Seriously, a great weekend, filled with good friends, food, and fun. I don't think I have laughed that much in a long time. Nice to have a three-day weekend, but even better to spend it with the amazing people in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Just watched the trailer to "The Boys." Looks like I need to watch it! I love how much you love life; it's infectious, even through a blog post.

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. I spent the weekend working on emergency projects. Good thing I didn't commit to Friday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like an awesome weekend! Busy, busy. And... sorry I dropped this ball months ago and never got back to you about getting together. Seriously, why is this so difficult! Now that the holidays are over our lives are much slower and back to normal. Can we try again?

    ReplyDelete