Sunday, May 15, 2011

April Fools Girl

Well, more than a month late, here is my birthday post. First of all, despite my age, birthdays still seem to be the most magical days of the year. So, while my friends just try to get through their days hoping no one notices, I relish in the idea of becoming a year older (and maybe wiser?). But truly, it is just a day to celebrate the wonderful people in my life who have made me who I am.

This day was no different, and provided ample time to celebrate. The first joyous moment came with the weather. Despite it being the first of April, it was a beautiful sunny day. It snowed immensely on the 2nd, but the first was marvelous. As I had to work, and my desk is surrounded by windows, I enjoyed this gift all day long.

My coworkers had a little shindig, complete with mini cupcakes. Cupcakes have recently taken a prominent position on my list of loves, and these were no let-down. Even the unique bacon-maple cupcake was delicious (maple flavored frosting with pieces of bacon on top).

Russ came up from Provo bearing gifts from the family. While they could not be here, we celebrated together via speakerphone. Thanks, Mom and Dad, Chan, and Shayne and Steph for your love on this day.

I went to dinner with some of my favorite people at one of my new favorite places. We got delicious crepes, and I only have a few pictures to show for it. But thank youe Em, Nicole, Carrie and Russ, for a lovely evening.

The day culminated in a gathering of many of my friends. With a cake made by me. I know, it's not really right that I make my own birthday cake, but I really like doing it, so I wanted to (thank you to all those who so graciously offered). It didn't turn out exactly as planned, but in full disclosure, I did not have a spatula or other spreading device, so that made it pretty hard. But given that, I think it was ok. I am so blessed to have amazing friends in the are from so many different times and places in my life. Thank you for celebrating with me!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes from everyone. Whether in person, over the phone, or via the wonderful invention of facebook, thanks for celebrating. Birthdays seem to keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment