Sometimes something happens that is just surreal. Only something you might see in a movie. Not something that really happens. I had two of those yesterday. They really happened.
The first such event is not a happy one. While coming out of the shower, I slipped and fell flat on my back on the tile floor. In the movies this never looks like it hurts as much as it actually does. I'm still hoping I'm not concussed.
The other was even more surreal. I came out of a meeting downtown with a bunch of papers in my hand, including some important phone numbers. As I walked out the door, a gust of wind came and ripped the phone numbers out of my hand and carried them to the top of a 30 foot tree, where the paper settled in amongst the branches. I stared in amazement at this actually happening, all the while hoping another wind might come and knock it free. Another gust came and blew it off the branches, only to be blown back onto them a couple feet below. I was joined by the two people at the bus stop, all of us hoping and waiting for it to fall. And then another gust came, and it came out of the tree, and began floating down again. Then landed on the window ledge of the building I had just come out of. After one of the onlookers made a suggestion to go up to the second floor and open the window (I don't think it actually opened), I decided it wasn't worth it, and I could get the numbers a different way. At that moment, another wind came up, picked up the paper and floated it down into my outstretched arms, free of ledges and trees.
So, while I am still waiting for that magnificent surreal moment that belongs at the end of a romantic comedy, I do have some minor happenings in my days to keep me entertained and loving life.
This made me laugh. Your life is a movie!
ReplyDeleteLet's hang out soon!
Great story, Lacey. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for using the word "concussed". Also, this is Marci.
ReplyDelete